LalaLajpatRai Library & Knowledge Resource Centre
- Year of Establishment : 1940
- Name of Programmes/Courses offered:UG & PG (B.Lib. &M.Lib.)
- Courses in collaboration with other universities, industries, foreign institutions, etc
- C.M.O.U., Nashik (Distance Education)
- Faculty profile
|Name||Qualification||Designation||Speciali-zation||No. of Years of Experience||No. of Ph.D. Students guided for the last 4 years|
|More S.H.||M.A., B.Lib.||Librarian||Library Sci.||32 years||–|
|Bhosage S.R.||B.Com.,M.Lib. & M.Phil.||Asst. Librarian||Library Sci.||28 years&
10 years Teaching
|Agne A.D.||8th Fail||Lib. Attendant||—||32 years||–|
|Surwase J.B.||10th Fail||Lib. Attendant||—||26 years||–|
|Chitari P.D.||Xth||Lib. Attendant||—||25 years||–|
|Sidgiddi N.L.||B.A., M.Lib.,||Lib. Attendant||Library Sci.||19 years||–|
|Lalkha I.H.||S.S.C.||Lib. Attendant||—||18 years||–|
|Gavali S.S.||B.Com.||Lib. Attendant||MSCIT||15 years|
|Mahadik P.S.||XII Arts||Lib. Attendant||MSCIT||14 years|
|Jujgar A.M.||B.A.in MCJ, B.Lib.||Lib. Attendant||Lib. Sci. &SOUL||11 years&
4 years Comp. Practical Teaching @ YCMOU
|Satpute D.S.||B.A., M.A.-I||Lib. Attendant||MSCIT||11 years||–|
|Javalekar S.P.||XII Com.||Peon||—||5 years||–|
- How many students have cleared national and state competitive examinations such as NET, SLET, GATE, Civil services, Defence services, etc. = 06
The central library is one of the oldest and biggest libraries in the university area. It has maintained an ever growing collection of reference books, periodicals, journals, encyclopedias, the CDROM collection, the Internet facility and the Xerox facility.
The College library started functioning in June 1940 with a initial collection 2825 books. At present we have 84500 books worth Rs.59,38,016/-. We subscribe to 85 periodicals having the total annual subscription of Rs.1,28,370/-
a) Stack Room : 303.21 Square Meters
b) Reading Room : 185.80 Square Meters
c) Separate toilets & urinals forGents & Ladies
- Home reading
- Set of Books to Toppers
- Current Awareness Services
- Social Volume information
- News clippings
- Library Bulletin of books added
- Internet Facility for staff & students
- Well-furnished computer lab.
Prize Distribution function is the most prestigious function of our Institution. The work of compilation and preparation of Prize Distribution list of all faculties is done by the Library.
Visit of Eminent Personalities to the Library: –
- Shri. Jadunath Sarkar, Historian (1949-50)
- Shri. G.S.Sardesai – Rayasatkar (1949-50)
- Dr. Raghunath Paranjape – Wrangler (1949-50)
- Shri. P.C.Pawate – Director of Education (1952-53)
- Shri. C.D.Deshmukh – UGC. Chairman (1957-58)
- Dr.S.Radhakrishnan – Vice President of India (1958-59)
- Dr. Mehr Chand Mahajan– Chief Justice of India (1959-60)
- Hon’ble Justice P.V.Gajendragadkar– Chief Justice of India (1964-65)
- Prof.Veda Vyasaji – President, D.A.V. Managing Committee, Delhi (1982-83)
- Jaykar V. – Vice Chancellor, University of Pune, Pune.
We have well equipped binding section with 23 useful tools including cutting & binding press machine. Binding of all books & special volumes of Periodicals is done in house. There are 946 bound special volumes.
- Original Arabian Nights – 16 Vol.
- Set of “Chandrakanta” of Devakinandan Khatri – 24 Vol.
- Imperial Gazettes of India – 26 Vol.
- Harvard Classics – 50 Vol.
- Encyclopedia of Britannica – 24 Vol. (1877)
- Encyclopedia of Religion & Ethics (1954)
- Maharashtra SubhashitaSangraha- 2 Vol.
- Encyclopedia of Philosophy – 4 Vol. (1972)
- Lexicon Universal Encyclopedia – 21 Vol.
- History of Mankind – 14 Vol. (1965)
- Encyclopedia of Hinduism – 8 Vol.
- Scientific America Resource Library – 10 Vol.
- Life Nature Library – 20 Vol.
- Encyclopedia of Indian Heritage – 5 Vol.
Preservation & Conservation
The Trophies and Shields which are won permanently by our college are registered and displayed in Library Hall. Sets of rare books are kept in red cloth to protect them from light and dust.
- a) 30 Computers with LAN facility
- b) 974CD/DVD collection
- c) N.List online resources (6000+ e-journals & 31,35,000+ e-books)
- a) Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) service @ website.