Dayanand Anglo-Vedic College Trust and Management Society, New Delhi established Dayanand College of Arts & Science, Solapur on 17th June 1940 to celebrate the victory of Satyagraha launched by Arya Samaj against the atrocities and social discrepancies committed by the then ruler of Hyderabad. It is one of the oldest and renowned educational institutions in this part of our country.
In the beginning, the college was affiliated to Bombay University. However, with the establishment of Poona University, it came under its jurisdiction and then it came to be affiliated to Shivaji UniversityKolhapur. since its inception in 1960s and since July 2004, it is affiliated to Solapur University Solapur.
Dayanand Institutions of Solapur are spread over an area of 63 acres of land with impressive and magnificent buildings for classrooms,, libraries and vast playgrounds with a pavilion to seat more than 3000 students.
A Boys Hostel with a facility for 370 boarders and a Hostel for Ladies having a facility for 60 incumbents, a free Dispensary, a Post Office and an extension counter of Punjab National Bank.
The Arts & Science College has 27 departments. The Arts Faculty offers self-financing (non-aided) P.G. Courses in the subjects: English, Geography and History. The Chemistry and Geology departments offered expertise and infrastructure for running P.G. Courses to the P.G. Centre of Shivaji University, Kolhapur.